Blogs > From The Bleacher Seats

A roundup of news on sporting events, people and places in Southeast Michigan by columnist Jim Evans.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thanks Clint, you made my day

I’ve always been a big Clint Eastwood fan.
He is the quintessential tough guy. Anyone who can cause grown men to lose control of all bodily functions with just a sneer is all right in my book.
Unless, of course, that sneer is aimed my way. And I am without Depends.

From those early westerns to Dirty Harry to movies like Absolute Power, Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino, I just like his work.
I also like his most recent effort, a two-minute advertisement for the Chrysler Corporation.
It focuses in on Detroit, and the comeback of the auto industry.
In the ad, Eastwood says, “We find a through tough times. If we can’t find a way, we make one. All that matters now is what’s ahead, how do we come from behind, how do we come together and how do we win. Detroit is showing us it can be done, and what’s true about them is true about all of us. This country cannot be knocked down with one punch.”
Right on, Clint. You made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home